Monday, February 4, 2008

The Weekend...


Leigh freezing her ass off while loading hay.


This weekend was awesome. Of course it went by too quickly as they all do but it was a very enjoyable and productive two days. Friday night Anne and I did something that I am sure would not interest anyone else. We watched old country music videos for about two hours. Music has always been a huge part of our lives. I don’t remember a time when I was in the truck with my dad that music wasn’t playing. He loved old country music as does our mother. I remember dancing in the kitchen with my mom and Anne to the Nitty Gritty Dirt band and Hank Williams Jr. So Friday night we both grabbed a beer and reminisced over some good old music. It was great.


Saturday morning we “hit the ground running” at around 8:00. We put oil in the truck, went to TSC and got feed and 10 bags of shavings. Next stop was for hay where Anne and I loaded 15 bales in the back of the truck. Then we headed back to the farm to unload all of our stuff. It was a gorgeous day outside! I couldn’t believe that we were running around the barn all afternoon in just a sweatshirt. We spent the entire afternoon at the barn which was so nice. We cleaned all the horses up, picked out their manes and tails. They were all so dirty from all the rain and mud. They all acted like superstars. It was a wonderful afternoon.


That night, Paul, me, Josh and Anne met up with Whit and Cavan for dinner. It was great to see them and catch up. Yesterday Anne and I spent the day with Robbie, Sarah and Thomas Wyatt. We met up at Wild Oats and it was an awesome afternoon. Later on that day Anne and I curled up in our den and watched the documentary “What it Takes.” I have been wanting to see it for about a year and I was so excited. It is about four Ironman triathletes and it ROCKED! I loved every second of it. Last night we made a homemade pizza with whole wheat crust and artichokes and green olives. It was scrumptious. What a GREAT weekend. It was very productive but relaxing too. I love weekends like that! I just wish they were longer than two days.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like you really had a good weekend. I know you are both great dancers. I have seen you dance many times! Love you, Mom

AnnaMarie said...

You girls are such bad asses!!! Let's get together soon!

The Pinwheel Princess said...

i love love love reading your blogs!!!
mwaaaaaaah!