Friday, February 15, 2008

Cutting Edge Technology...


As many of you know, I am working for a feed additive company out of Red Oak, IA. I started this adventure in early January, and so far it has been wonderful! Cutting Edge Technology is a new feed additive that works from the inside out on all animals. I am involved in the beef and equine areas of this business and have really enjoyed my experiences so far. The additive itself works to clean the gut and build the blood. My boss and our farm manager have both been excited about the product and they have agreed to feed it, and we started feeding it this week. The cattle pictured above, is what I like to refer to as my “test cases”. They are the first ones here in KY to start this program, and so far things are going great. It is about being “all natural” and helping to get away from the many antibiotics the cattle industry uses. Which are very expensive, and this will help to cut down cost! Of course there are no miracle feeds and no miracle drugs, cattle will most likely fight sickness in some way or another. However if we can work together to make it easier on them, by boosting their immune systems and still see gains, by doing this in an all natural way, we would be crazy not to try it.

Leigh and I have also been feeding the equine product to our horses, and they are doing great. They look healthier already. What makes these products so wonderful is they work from the inside the small intestine. First they strip the mucus off the villi and allow the nutrients from your established feeding program to work. Once the villi is clean the minerals can now get through the villi into the blood stream, which helps to build the blood. It really is a very scientific process, but makes complete sense.


So far this has been such a wonderful opportunity for me, and I am enjoying it immensely! It has allowed me to talk to beef producers, I deal with on a daily basis and learn more about their operation, and help them enhance their feed program. I will continue to keep everyone up to date on my “test cases” as they continue to grow throughout the summer!



There will be many more post about Cutting Edge Technology in the future!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

It sounds awesome! You are very inspiring. :) Keep up the good work!

Judy said...

You are perfect for this! I know you are going to do a great job. You know so many people in the beef industry. I am so proud of your ambition and hard work. Love, Mom

ike_a_ty said...

Wow Anne, I'm so glad you spelled it all out for us! That is absolutely FASCINATING! You described to me just the basics when you first got started, but I didn't know the scientific process behind the feed, until now. You sure know your stuff! Given that, and your knowledge of the industry, and all the livestock people who know and respect you, I think this is going to be a BIG SUCCESS for you!!

John, Karen, Breezy and Ransom said...

It is a perfect fit and we know you will be really successful with it! Do keep us updated on your test cases!