Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The weekend.....


This weekend totally rocked! Most of our weekends do, that is why we look forward to them so much. Anne and I raced home after work on Friday to get our horses all cozy in their stalls, fed and happy. Then we zipped up the street to Giovanni’s. Yep, you read that right….Anne and I went and got a Giovannis pizza and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I have a small addiction to this place. I think they have the best pizza EVER! We decided to splurge for our Friday night and it was worth it.


We were so excited about our night because earlier that week our Marlene McRae Barrel Racing DVD’s had arrived and we still had three to watch. So Friday night consisted of eating pizza, and studying barrel racing DVD’s till 12:30 in the morning. It was awesome! Saturday morning we got up and ran some errands that morning. Then we came home, played with the horses and got ready for the evening. That night Anne went to Josh’s to celebrate their Vday and Paul came over to the house so we could celebrate. He brought wine and some great gifts for me and he also cooked an amazing dinner. He made Brazilian salmon with a pineapple and mango relish, with wild rice, and a salad with fresh mozzarella. It was soooooooooooooooooooo good. It is Wednesday and I am still thinking about it! We had a great night!


Sunday morning Paul and I watched CBS Sunday Morning (we do this every Sunday, it is our little tradition) and we had coffee from Starbucks. Anne got back mid morning, we went grocery shopping for all our healthy goodies for the week and that was our weekend! We are having fruit smoothies this week because I am a bit burned out on the green ones. The fruit ones are great. It is frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries and pomegranate juice. YUMMY!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!

5 comments:

Judy said...

That picture looks yummy! Glad you had a great weekend. Love, Mom

AnnaMarie said...

Sounds so great!! Good for you - splurging on pizza!

LOVE the twin food pic!!

The Pinwheel Princess said...

Giovannis Rules the WORLD!!!
Havin one with my cousin tomorrow night in fact. I wave the aroma towards G-Town!

Nikki said...

Also, try frozen strawberries, fresh bananas, and organic apple juice. That's my smoothie addiction. :)

John, Karen, Breezy and Ransom said...

I like your eating plan...eat healthy during the week and enjoy yourself on the weekend. Yes, I like it a lot. I think it will work perfectly in our house too!

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Many gold stars for Paul on V-day :-)

Hugs to you both!