Monday, December 3, 2007

Going Green


Well Leigh and I have been sticking with our plan and eating very healthy. Actually I have eaten almost all raw for the past week, except for one night, when my lovely boyfriend cooked me veggies and rice. Leigh and I have been on the treadmill everyday and stretching too, and we both feel great. Friday night we both ran, and really enjoyed it. We both joked about how crazy it is, that on a Friday night, we are at home on the treadmill, when we would normally be out with a beer in hand! AHHH Change is good!


So Saturday, I got to go to a good grocery store, Wild Oats! I so wish they would build one in Georgetown. I spent an hour in there just looking around. Normally I am rushed for time, but Saturday, I had all the time in the world. I had just dropped Leigh off at the airport, for a buisness trip to Florida. I bought lots of greens, and I have been loving my salads! Dandelion, Spinach, Butter Lettuce, all very yummy, not to mention the wonderful fruit I got. I love the star fruit, it is so refreshing. In the past week, I have really enjoyed eating this way, and yes, there are times when I crave something like mexican food (especially now, since I just placed a to go order for my boss), but once I have my salad or fruit, I enjoy the taste of the freshness so much that the craving immediatly goes away.


After my voyage to Wild Oats, I went over to Disc Jockey to get a cool cd to run to! Of course crazy me, found radio hits from the 90's!! HAHA! Totally old songs, and mostly R&B, and I actually laughed as I was running listening to this. OOH, the memories it brings back from highschool, that is another blog all together!


Josh and I did go and see "Dan in Real Life" and I do recommend it. I thought it was very well done, and there is a certain simplicity to it.

3 comments:

Strangeite said...

Glad to see you blogging. Keep the posts up.

AnnaMarie said...

Butter.Lettuce. HOW can that be bad????

ike_a_ty said...

Um... songs from the 90's are "old"? Guess I'd better head upstairs and start plucking my gray while I consider updating my ENTIRE music collection... :-)

Keep up the good work, Anne... any time you can choose dandelions over mexican, you got some SERIOUS will power working! My hat's off to ya!