Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some adventures, some thoughts, and some cold weather..

2009 has rocked so far! Anne and I have spent lots of time working out and hanging with our friends as well as reading and cooking. We spent last weekend with our friends Amy and Chuck. I told Amy earlier this week that she is good for my soul. I know Anne and I both feel so blessed to have them both in our lives. They are both such super postive people that just radiate happiness. Even when life throws them some curve balls they still keep their chin up! I love being around them and when I leave their company I always feel rejuvenated and happy. That is how friends should be! We also got to see our friend Brooke. Brooke lives in Bowling Green and is a childhood friend of Amy's. I got to meet Brooke when we all met up at Murray State. It was so great to see her and catch up. She is still as lively and gorgeous as ever! It was a great weekend! I am currently doing a lot of reading, which is one of the things I like about this time of year. I am reading "Awakening the Buddha Within" By Lama Surya Das, "Marley and Me" by John Grogan and "40 Years Gatherin" by Spike Van Cleve. They are all great books and all very different. I hate the winter and the cold weather but I am glad that it does give us the time to sit down, slow down, read, breathe and center our lives a bit.

Anne and I have both been working out everyday. Chuck actually turned us on to the workout program P90X and we are on our 10th day. Chuck completed this workout last year and is doing it again. He looks GREAT!! We have really enjoyed it and I can already tell I am getting stronger. I am pumped to check my results after 30,60 and 90 days!

Anne and I also signed up for a barrel racing clinic in March. We are so stoked about that! I can't wait to kick off the season and we can't think of a better way to do it! Oh, and we planned our trip for Colorado. We are pumped about getting out there and hanging out with Mark, Colleen, Chase and Caitlyn. Colleen and Mark have a slew of horses right now, so I can imagine they are going to keep Anne and I pretty busy. They are also good for the soul!

I guess that is about all that is going on here around TwinBay. The weather has been very cold these last couple of days and I can tell you that I am sick of busting ice at the barn. One of the water tanks had about 3 inches of ice on it this morning. It took me a while to get that busted up. By the time I was done and walked back to the house, my entire jacket had already froze. I am sorry, but that is just TOO DAMN COLD! The older I get the more I long to live somewhere that has warm weather year round.

I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying this chilly January. I gotta tell ya, I can't wait till spring!!!

We look happy in these pics, but we are sick of it!!


4 comments:

Nikki said...

Cold or not, you two still look hot!

Judy said...

Love the pictures but know how cold it has to be out there before daylight feeding every morning. I am so ready for spring. Love ya both.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya on the busting ice. It's been never-ending the last few days.

Amy Noble said...

Awwww...you're so sweet! I loved our time to talk and catch up. Can't wait for the next time. Love ya!