Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning....


Leigh and I were talking last night about feeling ready for work in the mornings and I began to wonder if that ever happens. I have tried my entire life to become a morning person, now I will admit, I haven’t tried real hard at this, I mean I have high aspirations and that is about as far as I have gotten. However hearing people talk about getting up in the morning, having coffee, reading the paper, and watching the sun come up, has always fascinated me, and the part I find the most fascinating is they do this BEFORE WORK! HOW DO YOU DO IT PEOPLE? It has to be the most peaceful time of the day, the time when the world is still and you feel that you are getting a piece of the day, that only the privileged get. Well dammit, I want to be privileged!

I started thinking last night, about being a morning person and how eventually I will be one. Well, then I quickly remembered, I AM 30, when do I think this might happen, when I retire? I have always found it easier to get up early when it is nice and warm outside. It is inviting, it is saying “get out of bed, throw on your flip flops and enjoy the day”. UUGGH, when it is cold outside, I hate to get out of bed. It is cold outside of my bed, it doesn’t feel cozy in the kitchen, and I cant go out on the deck and drink my smoothie and wait for the sun to warm my heart. I hate the cold! But you know what; I have to get over it! I have to get up and enjoy the day, people keep talking about, and I am sure there is something to it.

SOOOO I got up at 5:30 this morning. Yes, you read that right, 5:30!! All I can say is, it was wonderful. I totally enjoyed it, I wasn’t rushed, and I got to enjoy the morning. I also got a lot done. Of course I got Leigh up as well, and she was happy I did, because we both got our workouts in, turned the horses out earlier and got to watch the news and have a great smoothie. I am not saying I will be up at 5:30 every morning, my track record says I wont, but I am going to try harder to get up and enjoy the mornings, it is the most peaceful part of the day, right?

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Lovely! Just think - you'll enjoy the mornings in bed, snuggling deep down in those covers, even MORE after a few days of getting up at 5:30.

Jeff Fisher said...

You know i've thought about being a morning person myself wehn I started working Mon.-Fri. each morning. At previous Manager jobs I chose to close...but I came to realize I like the late night hours...those between 12am and 4am better than those between 6am and 10am....haha...so being a morning person is never gonna happen for me. Besides I enjoy waiting to read the paper and have breakfast for the first hour at work, makes it go by so much faster

ike_a_ty said...

5:30?? You did NOT! Are ya NUTS??? ;-)

The only time I get up that early are for races and for hunting! LOL! There simply is nothing more incredible than being outside well before first light, then watching nature come alive. Incredible.

Judy said...

I get up early most mornings and loved getting up early Christmas morning to see the sun come up on your farm. The worst part about getting up early is that you can't stay up late! Great picture. Love you. Mom

The Pinwheel Princess said...

I couldn't agree more about rising early, having coffee, not being rushed. . . it's just gooood. But as Friday nears so does the death of my alarm clock! Thus I have decided - it is the weekend when I love to rise earlier. Not 5:30, but early enough to catch the sun rising and peeking through my windows. When I can look out the window while drinking coffee, reading the paper and appreciate not having to ruin it all by going to work!

DoubleUFarms said...

You are so right! I'm not a morning person at all. But when I CAN drag myself outta bed early. I find myself enjoying it and getting a lot done. My favorites are when I get up early on a Saturday. We have coffee and then plan the day. Then by noon we feel like it should be 5pm, so that makes the day all the better! I sure hope I become a morning person one day, also.

DoubleUFarms said...

Waiting for a new blog entry. I look forward to these, girls!!!